Wednesday, May 5, 2010

$3.13 Donation for Farmers Market and Boo Hubbard ~ Priceless!

It's hard to crack the heart of an old bird like me, but two little girls at the Silent Auction on Saturday for our local Farmers Market and Boo Hubbard did just that by pooling their money together in the amount of $3.13 to place a bid on a $100 cosmetics basket donated for the occasion. Sometimes there are just no words to describe the generosity of spirit in eagerly turning over all that you have for another person. Reminds me again of Mother Theresa's quote, "at the end of my days, I want to be able to say, 'Lord, I shared all the gifts you gave me.' " Amen, babies.

P. S. The girls won the cosmetics basket at the end of the day and they looked breathtaking by night fall. Oh yes!
"Her Echo Will Echo"
(An homage to Boo Hubbard) © Mary Becker Weiss
"I'm taken by your homage to Boo Hubbard ~ the receding repetitive
image of a free spirited woman, dancing, flying, taking off, soaring... she'd like that, I'd bet. Congratulations!"
 ~ BL

3 comments:

Zap said...

Amen! (and your sharing the story, and the message behind it: equally priceless!) Thanks, Mary!

Mark said...

Pictures please...

Mary Becker Weiss, Mixed Media, Assemblage and Encaustics Brunswick, Maine said...

I came across this lovely message from a new friend of mine (and an old friend of Boo Hubbard's). He called her a "free spirited woman." Boo called herself "a sassy old broad." Both were right! ~ MBW

"I'm taken by your homage to Boo Hubbard ~ the receding repetitive image of a free spirited woman, dancing, flying, taking off, soaring... she'd like that, I'd bet. Congratulations!" ~ BL